Thursday, March 11, 2010

Follow-up with my doctor...

I had my follow-up with my Reproductive Endocrinologist(RE) yesterday. He said what he would do differently next time, all things I expected he would say: start out on the highest dose of follistim(hormone to make the eggs grow) and do ICSI(insert one sperm into each egg to make sure they fertilize) on all the eggs, and hope for frozen embryos (so we would have them for subsequent cycles.) He said in the thousands of cycles he's done, I'm the first to have an infection after transfer. Why me? Seriously! So, things changed a little for my start date for the next cycle. I have to take this cycle off (the nurse I talked to Friday was "confused.") and then with my next period I'll start BCP. 3 weeks of that, then we'll start Lupron (to "shut off" my ovaries,) then stimms (follistim, repronex,etc) mid May. So, pushed back a month, I guess. It's ok. All in due time. I have an acupunture appt today, and my weekly massage on Friday, so I'm still enjoying pampering myself! I know all of this will cost enough to write off on taxes next year because of the second cycle, so I might as well make the most of it!

As for my hubby going home in April, we talked about it for awhile last night. He doesn't want to go home until he knows for sure I am pregnant. He's thinking August or September now. That's fine with me. I just know we have to get this over with eventually. I'm also worried about us having enough money during this time. He's starting to work more again, but he's not working as much as he used to, in general. I'm glad I have a good-paying job to support us when he's laid off. And, part of me just wants him to go home so he can come back and we can start our permanent lives together. Everything feels so temporary right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment