Friday, March 12, 2010

I love my old boss!

I went to visit my old boss today. When I had my really awful review on Monday, I sent her an email. I had been meaning to do this. She left our floor a year ago in January, to take a new position that was opening up in Admissions. I miss her terribly. We became instant co-worker friends, and I loved popping in her office whenever I had a minute to chat. Since she has been gone, I've really missed her, and I just wanted to tell her that. In the email response, she told me to stop by sometime, so I went today to see if she was in. She was, and we talked for almost two hours! I didn't realize I was there that long until I got in my car and saw what time it was. She was wonderful. She reassured me that I was a great nurse, and not to worry about what the other nurses thought, as long as I felt I was giving my patients quality care. She said that yes, it does hurt, when it feels like your co-workers don't like you, but again, not to worry. Just let them do their thing, and go about my day doing mine. She also said that she would put in an excellent word for me for any interviews I have coming up.

I have applied to transfer to 6 different floors so far this week. I just feel it's time to move on. I love my patient population. I will miss them. I will miss the people I do like (and feel they like me) on my floor, as well. My job currently is just so draining. Before I started working on my floor, my husband and I went out every weekend. Sometimes Friday and Saturday. We had a great time dancing and hanging out with friends. When I started at the hospital, I slowly stopped going out, to where I would go out about once every 3-6 months, and I never felt like dancing anymore. When I would come home from work, I wouldn't want to cook, clean, any of the house chores. On my days off, I would just lay around and do nothing. I was always so tired! Since taking my month off for IVF, I'm happy again. We went out Saturday night and I had a blast! I actually enjoyed being at work this week (besides the evaluation from my boss.) I have really enjoyed my days off this week, as well. This all leads me to conclude that my job is draining. I don't want to live like this the rest of my life. There has to be a happy medium somewhere in the hospital. So, I'm looking. We'll see what turns up.

No comments:

Post a Comment